Saturday, April 27, 2019

2019 Bat Blog

I have always wanted to put up some Bat Houses, with only a little work it was easy to make,

To make sure that the Bats know that it is theirs, I put a sign with BIG letters on it   :-).

New Built Bat House


During the summer months, we normally have many Bats around the ponds in the evening, but I do not know where they roost.

I got the impression from reading online, that it may take several years to occupy a new house.

4/27 - Cory helped me put up the new Bat House.

It was placed high enough that it can be checked with a flashlight from below. If I do get occupants, I may install a "Bat Cam" to watch the activity.

Bat House Installed - 4/27/2019
This is experimental, I may build a larger House for the space to the left.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment

A crow came to the bird feeder

Today I had a crow today I had a crow come to the bird feeder