Friday, May 10, 2019

2019 Bird Feeder Blog

This is the Bird Feeder Log for 2019

3/26 - Clear and warm

The Hummers are flying on this nice warm day. So far, I have seen as many as four Hum'ers (at the same time) at this feeder. The seed feeder below generally has several birds feeding at the same time.

I have learned: not to fill the feeders very full, so that they can be cleaned re-supplied often.

Feeding


The Exit



Second Feeder located in front of my Glass Door

Second Feeder


Here is an interesting youtube video:



5/4 - Jenny found these at the Hanger in the Laurel Bushes while taking cuttings.

Near The Hanger

5/9 - A few Warm Days

A Barn Swallow checking out the Vent on the side of the Shop for a Home, I turned on the fan and blew out some feathers. Hopefully they will find other accommodations.
Barn Swallow - Looking for a Home


Several days ago I put out a Peanut Suet Block, today I saw a very Blue Jay eating on the Suet.

Added Suet Block and Nyjer Feeder
5/10 - Clear and Warm

We closed the vents with screen to avoid have the Barn Swallows nesting in them. But, I put up a bird house for them to use, so far, they have been just investigating it.

The New Bird House, Hopefully to be
used by the Barn Swallows

5/15 - Some Sun
The Barn Swallows have entered the Bird House.
I change the Suet Cage for a DIY Peanut Butter Log. The Birds seem to really like it.

5/16 - Fog in the AM, Sun at Noon, Rain Afternoon
Barn Swallow have been bring nesting material into one of the Bird House holes

--

No comments:

Post a Comment

A crow came to the bird feeder

Today I had a crow today I had a crow come to the bird feeder