Saturday, May 2, 2020

Moth Clean Up

As part of my Pantry Moth Clean up I just burned about $100 worth of bird seed. According to online sources, the only way to avoid Moths is to Freeze bird food for a few days. If I had only known. Apparently, only Freezing and Traps are the only safe way to avoid the problem, More traps are now on order.

I am not buying any more Bulk Bird Food until I have a Freezer to put my Buckets in, I just emptied an previous opened half bag of Black Oil Seeds into the Bird Feeder, it had many Moth Larvae munching on the seeds inside.  I had it closed by rolled down the top and closed with a large Bag Clip. Some of the Larvae were on the outside, in the creases of the rolled down top.

Update: May 15, 2020

I added an Electric Bug Zapper in the bathroom where the bird seed is stored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A crow came to the bird feeder

Today I had a crow today I had a crow come to the bird feeder