Friday, January 31, 2020

My Suet Build

My Suet making attempt, recorded here for my reference.


  • 2 cups of Crisco
  • 1 cup of Peanut butter
  • 2 cups of Sunflower Chips
  • 1/2 cup of chopped Peanuts
  • 1 cup of Cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup of Honey
  • 1/4 cup of Sugar

Heat to mix, cool to make blocks, by pouring into empty previous purchased Suet cakes plastic containers.

The previous batch was "double blind taste tested" by Tess and myself (we did not peek) and found to be OK, but a little gritty, But then, I found the 3-out-of-4 birds preferred my mix, when compared to store bought at the same feeder.

Note: I do not have easy access to real beef Suet, which may work better than Crisco in the summer time.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment

A crow came to the bird feeder

Today I had a crow today I had a crow come to the bird feeder